Tuesday 20 May 2014

My Dreamy Fort ♡


Hello,
I took a little blog break, due to my exams, and now I'm back to blogging yay!  So... today I built a fort! It was inspired by Frilly and Fancy's DIY video on how to transform your room into a fort (you can watch it  here). I loved the idea of making a fort, It sounded perfect, because I love giving my room a makeover every now and then, and a fort seemed like something I would like to add to my room, since I love cute and girly things, and a girly fort seemed like the perfect fit. Unfortunately, I couldn't turn my entire room in to a fort (I would if I could), so I decided to turn part of my room into a cosy and cute fort! 

I'm very happy with the result, I never thought I could make a fort myself, because I'm terrible with all things DIY, but I decided to give it a try anyway, and surprisingly I succeeded! I made a really simple fort, using a white cloth, some thread to connect the cloth with the nails (which were already hammered into my walls), and bobby pins to stick the lights on the cloth with. Inside, I put a bunch of pastel coloured blankets and pillows, and of course my plush. I also put a couple of books in, along with water, snacks, headphones and my laptop. 

 It was so much fun making it and now I can just sit in my adorable fort and do whenever I want.  If you've had a bad day or if you're really tired, this is the perfect place to de-stress. It looks so cute, and I feel really carefree sitting in it.

Even though it may seem a bit childish, I think its a great idea, its a really cozy sitting area, and just by looking at it, I feel happy. I'm not sure how long this fort will stay, maybe a week, a month or longer. But, all I can see is that I'm really pleased with it, I think it's a great addition to my room, and it was fairly simple to make. Thank you kalel, for the wonderful idea. 

16 comments:

  1. Omg so cute! Haha, great post, I love this! Imma try it soon x

    www.dorkface.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, yeah you should c: xx

      Delete
  2. So adorable!~ <3

    I must try this out~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Looks so pretty and cosy x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see these type of forts all the time online. I neeeed to make one this summer! Soooo cute. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah, you definitely should :3 x

      Delete
  5. Awww so cute <3 Love the color combination ^_^ And those plushy's <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your room and I also love the bunny. :)

    pumpkinemilysmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room is literally perfect, I wanna live there!

    Scarlett Juzzle
    www.pasteldreamsandrainbowskies.co.uk

    ReplyDelete