Thursday 14 May 2015

Life Lately (Finals Edition)


Hello,
 At the moment I have my IGCSE final exams which have been going on for the past two weeks, and  I have another two weeks to go. All I do these days is cram, drink lots of tea and coffee, and cram some more; this is exactly what I plan to do the next two weeks as well. Most of my exams went well thankfully (apart from Math :s), and unlike last time I am not too stressed, just very tired like everyone else taking their finals right now would be. Anyway I thought I would share my daily struggle routine during this finals month (with the help of gifs of course).

1) How I feel when I get all my material together and mentally prepare myself to start studying/revising all of it:


3) I need either a cup of tea or coffee by my side while studying...

3) Eventually I get in the study zone, and get stuff done. 

4) It's night time, and I realise I'm probably going to have to give up some sleep

5) It's 3am, and at this point I look and feel like a zombie.


6) 3:30am I decide to get some sleep, and pretty much just hit the bed.

7) The morning before the exam I try to do as much revision as possible; so more cramming. 


8) I look at the exam questions, and realise I know this stuff, breathe a sigh of relief and get to work.

OR my exam goes horribly. That exam for me was Math. Math is my weak point, and I was almost certain I would mess up in the exam, and um.. I did. I'll pass hopefully, but not with the greatest marks, and I was really upset about this. 



8) Good or bad, after taking an exam this is always how I feel afterwards:

10) You have to realise that you can't change what has already been done, so forget it and look ahead. Things like this happen to everyone, you just have to get over it.


11) Life goes on, and everything will be okay. All you need to focus on is the present. So relax for some time, then open your books and get back to work. Forget about the exam that has happened, and focus on studying really well for the next one. No matter how bad your situation may seem, it will get better over time. You need to be strong and just keep swimming going. 


I know my finals routine is not the best, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who resorts to cramming and late night study sessions during finals week. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Also, do you have your finals right now too, and if so can you relate to my routine somewhat or is it just me :s? 

To those of you who have your finals/exams:


No comments:

Post a Comment